Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan Alan is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - Display a dash

You wouldn't use conditional formatting to do that, it only changes the
formatting like colours, fonts etc. '-' isn't a format, it's a character.
Just your the formula in the cell you want to display it,
Regards
Alan.
"AuditIA" wrote in message
I must be doing something wrong - I can't get it to work. I typed in
exactly
what it said in the HELP example, but it still doesn't work. I entered
=IFERROR(A2/A3,"-") It put a green triangle in the upper left corner, but
did not change the view of that cell to a "-". What am I supposed to do?