Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kpt kpt is offline

Default Alignment for a cell during an if statement.

I want the alignment for a cell to be right justified for one result of the
if statement, but left justified for the other result. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use conditional formatting...
Choose one format for one result and another for another result

"kpt" wrote:

I want the alignment for a cell to be right justified for one result of the
if statement, but left justified for the other result. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't change your IF statement

Suppose you have this in A1
=IF(B1=10,"B1 is 10","B1 is not 10")

Select A1
Choose Format-Conditional Formatting
Choose 'cell values is' 'equal to' B1 is 10
and choose formatting

add a condition and repeat for B1 is not 10.

_________________-
Click "Yes" if this helped.

"kpt" wrote:

I want the alignment for a cell to be right justified for one result of the
if statement, but left justified for the other result. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure that alignment can be used as a result of conditional
formatting, Sheeloo? Which version of Excel? I can't find any such ability
in Excel 2003.
--
David Biddulph

"kpt" wrote:

I want the alignment for a cell to be right justified for one result
of the if statement, but left justified for the other result. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kpt kpt is offline

When you are in the conditional formatting menu, it does not allow you to
select cell alignment. Only font, border and color.

"kpt" wrote:

I want the alignment for a cell to be right justified for one result of the
if statement, but left justified for the other result. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for wasting your time... I forgot about that.
Excel 2007 (which I normally use) has a NUMBER tab also where you can format
using CUSTOM formatting.