Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text - pull a text cell where if cell a=cell b

I have a worksheet that I need to feed to other worksheets. I have ID numbers
that are assigned to client names. How can I do a "if" type of statement?

cell A = 101
column/range B= ID numbers
column/range C=Client Names

If A=B than DB=ABC Client
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, so I'll make a couple of assumptiosn here..

Cell A1 is 101

in cells B2 - B???? are client ID's.

In cells C2 - C???? are client names.

In cells DB2 - DB???? you want to show client name only if client id equals
101.

if so, then in DB2, you would enter =IF(B2=A$1,C2,""")

and paste down the column..

Otherwise, can we get more clarification?

"BLowry" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I need to feed to other worksheets. I have ID numbers
that are assigned to client names. How can I do a "if" type of statement?

cell A = 101
column/range B= ID numbers
column/range C=Client Names

If A=B than DB=ABC Client

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sean,

Thank you. It is still not working.

On sheet 2 I have a form template with multiple fields. When I have a new
client, I add there information in sheet 1.

So on sheet 2 I have an ID cell in B18. In sheet 1, I have a range (TPA_ID)
in column 2 for client ID's. I also have a range (TPA_Name) in column 3.

I want to have these form preset for the next 15 clients. When I get one
in, I input the next ID number into sheet 1. I want sheet 2 to the populate
the data so I do not need to have to copy/paste over and over again.

"BLowry" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I need to feed to other worksheets. I have ID numbers
that are assigned to client names. How can I do a "if" type of statement?

cell A = 101
column/range B= ID numbers
column/range C=Client Names

If A=B than DB=ABC Client

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, so if you enter,say, 101 in sheet2, B18, you want the client name for
that id to pop up in another cell on sheet 2.

So, in the client name field, =VLOOKUP(B18,TPA_ID,2,0)

will return the client name associated.

If there is no exact match, you will get an #N/A error. This can be changed
a bit based on what you want to happen in cases of no match.