Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Text - pull a text cell where if cell a=cell b

OK, so if you enter,say, 101 in sheet2, B18, you want the client name for
that id to pop up in another cell on sheet 2.

So, in the client name field, =VLOOKUP(B18,TPA_ID,2,0)

will return the client name associated.

If there is no exact match, you will get an #N/A error. This can be changed
a bit based on what you want to happen in cases of no match.

"BLowry" wrote:

Sean,

Thank you. It is still not working.

On sheet 2 I have a form template with multiple fields. When I have a new
client, I add there information in sheet 1.

So on sheet 2 I have an ID cell in B18. In sheet 1, I have a range (TPA_ID)
in column 2 for client ID's. I also have a range (TPA_Name) in column 3.

I want to have these form preset for the next 15 clients. When I get one
in, I input the next ID number into sheet 1. I want sheet 2 to the populate
the data so I do not need to have to copy/paste over and over again.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

OK, so I'll make a couple of assumptiosn here..

Cell A1 is 101

in cells B2 - B???? are client ID's.

In cells C2 - C???? are client names.

In cells DB2 - DB???? you want to show client name only if client id equals
101.

if so, then in DB2, you would enter =IF(B2=A$1,C2,""")

and paste down the column..

Otherwise, can we get more clarification?

"BLowry" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I need to feed to other worksheets. I have ID numbers
that are assigned to client names. How can I do a "if" type of statement?

cell A = 101
column/range B= ID numbers
column/range C=Client Names

If A=B than DB=ABC Client