Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time Entry

If I have cells that the time is entered as follows:
12:30pm (without the space between the time and the pm)
Can these times be used in calculations or does the time have to be entered
12:30 PM (with the space)?
Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Karen,

Select your cells, then press Ctrl-H and replace the "pm" with " PM" ( a space and the two letters
pm) (and don't use the " marks). That will force Excel to re-evaluate all the values into time.

--
HTH,
Bernie

"Karen" wrote in message
If I have cells that the time is entered as follows:
12:30pm (without the space between the time and the pm)
Can these times be used in calculations or does the time have to be entered
12:30 PM (with the space)?
Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bernie!

"Karen" wrote in message
If I have cells that the time is entered as follows:
12:30pm (without the space between the time and the pm)
Can these times be used in calculations or does the time have to be entered
12:30 PM (with the space)?
Thanks, Karen

Time entry with VBA MartinW Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 25th 07 11:35 AM
Time Entry Robert Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 16th 07 04:01 AM
Time Entry Iladki New Users to Excel 1 June 12th 05 10:22 AM
Time entry leah Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 January 18th 05 01:47 PM
Time Entry mike47338 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 18th 04 09:02 PM