Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question about copying long rows of data

Hello--

I trying to find an easier way for copying large amounts of data:

What I have:

Current my spreadsheets have information in six colums and each of them take
about about 60,000 rows of data:

I am using Excel 2007

For Instance:

A B C D E F G
201200 .05 301300 .06 401400
..07
201201 .06 301301 .08 401401
..05

and all the way down to row 60,000 (Give or Take)

So I want to take these six rows of data and condencse it into two rows of
data that has a total of 180,000 cells. (not a limitation in 2007)

Today, I go through and highlight the first cell, scroll all the way down
down down down. Then copy and paste those cells.

This can be a long and tedius process.

If there a better way?

I appreciate your help.

--
Jim Radtke
Communication Alliance Partners
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for...If you have continuous
data from A1 use Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow from cell A1 which will extend the
selection to the last cell..
--
If this post helps click Yes