Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Format Excel 2007

I have attempted to create a Conditional Format with Icon Sets in my Excel
2007 workbook; however, the Icon Sets are not appearing. The column that Im
working with has the following formula:
IF(L1210%,"4",IF(L125%,"3",IF(L120%,"2",IF(L12= 0%,"1"))))

When creating the Icon Set Conditional Format I have selected Formula and
Number from the Type field, however, the Icon Sets are still not present.
Some of the cells return a #DIV/0 error and I have removed those, however, I
still dont see the Icon Sets. The only way I have been able to get the
desired results is by copying the contents and pasting just the VALUES then
formatting the cells to Number, however, I need the formula so that the cells
can update accordingly.

Any Help is always appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Since Conditional Formatting is expecting NUMBERS your formula should return
numbers...
Use
=IF(L1210%,4,IF(L125%,3,IF(L120%,2,IF(L12=0%,1) )))

"1" converts the number one to TEXT.

"Marilyn" wrote:

I have attempted to create a Conditional Format with Icon Sets in my Excel
2007 workbook; however, the Icon Sets are not appearing. The column that Im
working with has the following formula:
IF(L1210%,"4",IF(L125%,"3",IF(L120%,"2",IF(L12= 0%,"1"))))

When creating the Icon Set Conditional Format I have selected Formula and
Number from the Type field, however, the Icon Sets are still not present.
Some of the cells return a #DIV/0 error and I have removed those, however, I
still dont see the Icon Sets. The only way I have been able to get the
desired results is by copying the contents and pasting just the VALUES then
formatting the cells to Number, however, I need the formula so that the cells
can update accordingly.

Any Help is always appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I had responded to this earlier...

Remove the quotes around the numbers in your formula... use
IF(L1210%,4,IF(L125%,3,IF(L120%,2,IF(L12=0%,1)) ))

Your formula does not take care of negative percentages.