Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop and show error

Hi
If i start my excel file with macros, i just get this micosoft error you all
know
and it shot my file down, isn't there a way to stop my program and see why i
get this error ?

Alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have either an quto.run or a workbook Open event macro in your workbook.
You need to put a Stop instruction at the beginning of the macro. then when
you open the workbook it will stop at the first instruction. then you can
step through the code using F8 or put break point into the code using F9.

"alvin Kuiper" wrote:

Hi
If i start my excel file with macros, i just get this micosoft error you all
know
and it shot my file down, isn't there a way to stop my program and see why i
get this error ?

Alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to what joel said, if you click the [Debug] button when you get
the error, it will open up the VB Editor and show you exactly where the error
was encountered: the line of code will be highlighted in the code window.
You can stop the code at that point - also, if you hover the mousepointer
over the variable or constant values referenced in the line of code before
stopping it, the value of those will show up as pop-up entries.

If nothing else, at that point if you will post back here telling us exactly
what the error message was and copying and pasting the line of highlighted
code, we can help you a little more.