Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop down and formula

I have a worksheet with over 1000 entries. One column has a drop down menu
with a choice of 6 inputs, another column has different numbers on each row.
I would like to find a formula that will add the numbers for each of the 6
inputs.

If that makes sense!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I understand... So, for example, you want to add all the numbers in
Column B where Column A has "Choice 1" selected? Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="Choice 1"),B1:B1000)

Modify to meet your needs.

HTH
Elkar

"Japessebas" wrote:

I have a worksheet with over 1000 entries. One column has a drop down menu
with a choice of 6 inputs, another column has different numbers on each row.
I would like to find a formula that will add the numbers for each of the 6
inputs.

If that makes sense!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I assume that the 6 choice imput are in column A and the numbers in column B
In column C enter the 6 inputs names starting in C1 and in D1 enter

Sumproduct(--(C1=A:A),B:B) copy formula down

If you are not using excel 2007 use the formula as follow

Sumproduct(--(C1=$A$1:$A$1000),$B$1:$B$1000)

If this was helpful please click yes. thanks

"Japessebas" wrote:

I have a worksheet with over 1000 entries. One column has a drop down menu
with a choice of 6 inputs, another column has different numbers on each row.
I would like to find a formula that will add the numbers for each of the 6
inputs.

If that makes sense!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Elkar,

I tried it but had no luck.
I should mention that I am using Excel2000, and if it is possible I would
like to put this formula on the next spreadsheet.

I'm pretty sure you understand what I am trying to do,just to make su

Column B has a drop down menu,giving each cell the choice of 6 inputs.
Column F has numbers in every cell.

I am trying to add every number in F that has the same input in B.So I would
end up with 6 numbers. If you added those 6 numbers it would equal the entire
column F.

Thanks for your help

"Japessebas" wrote:

I have a worksheet with over 1000 entries. One column has a drop down menu
with a choice of 6 inputs, another column has different numbers on each row.
I would like to find a formula that will add the numbers for each of the 6
inputs.

If that makes sense!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
The result are in sheet2 and the information in Sheet1 so
in column A sheet2 starting in row1 enter the 6 four digit # and in B1 enter

Sumproduct(--(A1=sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000),sheet1!$B$1:$B$1000), then copy the
formula down and you will get the result for your 6 inputs

If you call your original sheet other than sheet1 just change the name in
the formula