Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Want to sort a list of numbers by last two digit...

Hi,
I have a long list of numbers ie 1.2003 to 7.2007 that are not in order how
can I sort them so I get them in month and year order. When I do a sort know
I get them in Month and year order ie
1.2003
2.2004
3.2005
and not
1.2003
2.2003
1.2004
2.2004
Cheers Paul.

Paul.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll have to use 2 helper columns to separate the data into month and year
- (using text formulas like FIND and LEFT and RIGHT). Then you can sort data
based on two columns - year first then month second.