DiamondJim

Default drop down list button

In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the
work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it
disappears then I click on another cell.

Carole O

Jim -

You'll have to change from a list to a combo or list box (Toolbar - Forms)

Carole O

"DiamondJim" wrote:

In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the
work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it
disappears then I click on another cell.

DiamondJim

Ok, that is exactly what I am looking for...HOWEVER!!

I used the combo box and set the Input Range based on a range of %'s (from
1.0% to 5% over 5 cells). No problem there as the box shows the percent.
However, the Cell Link shows a number and NOT what is in the combo box. It
puts in 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 which is the line that the % in the box correlates
with. To summarize, the Cell Link is not showing what is in the combo box.
I know I'm just missing something stupid.

"DiamondJim" wrote:

In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the
work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it
disappears then I click on another cell.

Debra Dalgleish

In another cell, enter a formula that refers to the linked cell. For
example, if the combo box links to cell C2, and your list is in cells
A1:A5 --

=INDEX(A1:A5,C2)

Or, you could use a combo box from the Control toolbox. It would return
the selected value, instead of the index number.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

DiamondJim

Got it! Thanks for your help! I saw the "index" refernce in the help
section but it was not clear. I was putting the "target" cell as the actual
cell where I wanted the number to be rather than putting the =index... there.
Much appreciated!

Jim