Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dk dk is offline

Default Why can't I CONSISTENTLYmove cursor from first column to last colu

Sometimes, when I use the "ctrl" and right arrow key, the cursor moves to the
end of the row, sometimes it moves to various columns, forcing me to
repeatedly hit Ctrl and the right arrow key, until I get to the end of the
row of data. What can I do to consistently get to the same column (either
last one or next to last)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using Ctrl, you jump to the next beginning/end of a block of cells with
content.
Thus, if columns A, B, D,E,F,I have data, and you're in column A, you'll
first jump to B, then D, then to F. Note that if you are in a blank cell
already ( say G) then you would jump to I.

Not a perfect solution, but you can use Ctrl+End. Take you to far right cell
used, but it also goes to bottom cell used.

Other option would be to grab the horizontal scroll bar and yank it all the
way to the right. Doesn't select the cell, but does bring it into view.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"dk" wrote:

Sometimes, when I use the "ctrl" and right arrow key, the cursor moves to the
end of the row, sometimes it moves to various columns, forcing me to
repeatedly hit Ctrl and the right arrow key, until I get to the end of the
row of data. What can I do to consistently get to the same column (either
last one or next to last)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dk dk is offline

Default Why can't I CONSISTENTLYmove cursor from first column to last

So the blank cells are messing up my ability to jump to the last cell in the
row? If I were to fill in the blank cells, then it goes to the last cell
before a blank one? Thank you very much. I'll try to fill in as many cells as
possible!