Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print Title Error

I may have a bug in Excel. I am attempting to save my file in Microsoft Excel
97 €“ Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook. In the past it was fine. Now, I am having
an error that reads.
€œA formula in a cell (Name:[WorkbookName.xls]WorksheetName!Print_Titles)
could not be converted because it contains a function that is not available
in the file format to which you are saving. If you continue the save, the
formula and result will be saved, but the function itself will be converted
to an error value.€

I went to file-page setup-sheet- and I dont see anything in print titles
(Rows to repeat at top, Columns to repeat at left€)

Please can you help me find in which cells the problem is and possibly help
me trouble shoot it.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the 'Header/Footer' tab in Page Setup. You probably have a path name
[&Path] set up. That isn't available in 95.
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"atmbonda" wrote:

I may have a bug in Excel. I am attempting to save my file in Microsoft Excel
97 €“ Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook. In the past it was fine. Now, I am having
an error that reads.
€œA formula in a cell (Name:[WorkbookName.xls]WorksheetName!Print_Titles)
could not be converted because it contains a function that is not available
in the file format to which you are saving. If you continue the save, the
formula and result will be saved, but the function itself will be converted
to an error value.€

I went to file-page setup-sheet- and I dont see anything in print titles
(Rows to repeat at top, Columns to repeat at left€)

Please can you help me find in which cells the problem is and possibly help
me trouble shoot it.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the posting.. I just checked the Header/Footer tab in Page Set
Up and each of them does not have any information. In fact, they each say
"(none)".

This time around, though, rather than saving the file as type "Microsoft
Excel
97 €“ Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook", I saved it as "Microsoft Office Excel
Workbook" and I did not see the previous error prompt. This suggests that
whatever function was causing the error is probably not available in Excel 95
as you suggested. Thank you.