Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change cell fill color options

Is there any way to change the color selections available under the Format
Cells dialog, Fill tab?

I know I can pick any specific color by clicking the More Colors button for
a particular cell, but I would like to change the entire table of options
available on the main Fill tab to show variations of colors that are more
bold.

Hope this makes sense.

I appreciate your help, -John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, these color settings are workbook level settings--not application
settings.

So for each workbook you want to change...

Tools|Options|Color tab
select the color and click modify.
Save your workbook with the new colors.
(Notice that there's a reset button on that dialog. You can use that when
you're ready <bg.)

For new workbooks...

Saved from a previous post:

You could create a workbook template named book.xlt and store it in your XLStart
folder. You can name the sheets whatever you want (and do other stuff, too --
print headers/footers/margins).

In xl2003, a new workbook will be created based on this workbook when you click
on the New Icon on the standard toolbar.

For lots of settings...

You could also create another template named sheet.xlt. Any new worksheet you
add to an existing workbook will inherit its setting.

--

Dave Peterson