Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell Fill Color change for MAX value

I have values in B28:N28. What would like excel to do is change the fill
color & font attributes of the cell that represents the maximum value for
that range.
The maximum value for these cells changes depending on other criteria in the
workbook so I would like to accomplish this with a formula or function that
adjusts as the dependent numbers change.
Thank you for the help.
--
Dewayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

To conditionally format your cell(s):

In 2003:
1. Select the cell you want to format
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=MAX($B$28:$N$28)=B28
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=MAX($B$28:$N$28)=B28
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Dewayne" wrote:

I have values in B28:N28. What would like excel to do is change the fill
color & font attributes of the cell that represents the maximum value for
that range.
The maximum value for these cells changes depending on other criteria in the
workbook so I would like to accomplish this with a formula or function that
adjusts as the dependent numbers change.
Thank you for the help.
--
Dewayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions