Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i turn on the tab over function

For some reason when I hit the tab nothing happens in the worksheet. How do
I get the tab to shift the active cell over 1 place?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
what version xl do you have.
in 2003 it's toolsoptionstransition tabuncheck transition navigation keys.
in 2007 i think it's office buttonexcel options......not sure after here.

Regards
FSt1

"nordog" wrote:

For some reason when I hit the tab nothing happens in the worksheet. How do
I get the tab to shift the active cell over 1 place?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FSt1, thanks. Problem is I tried that already and it didn't work (they were
already unchecked). Oh yeah, it is Excel 2003 version.

Any other ideas? Could some function be on somewhere that overides the tab
till I "do" something?

Thanks again.

"nordog" wrote:

For some reason when I hit the tab nothing happens in the worksheet. How do
I get the tab to shift the active cell over 1 place?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
no. i'm stumped now. in 2003, checking transition navigation keys causes the
tab key to move the curser 1 page left. unchecking transition navigation keys
cause the tab key to move the curser 1 cell left. at least that the way it
works on my pc.
try this. hold down the alt key and tap the tab key. this should tab through
your windows.(provided you have more that one window open.) or at least you
should be a small dialog showing what windows you do have open. if it dosen't
tab through your windows, i would begin to suspect a dead key.

regards
FSt1