Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default borders

I am making a price list in excel. I need to do horizontal parallel borders
every 5 lines and I was wondering if there was a way to automatically do this
as opposed to manually clicking in the borders. any help wold be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would need VBA for that. What is the first row in which you want
borders? Do you want a border above that row or below it? What is the next
row in which you want a border? Do you want the border to extent across ALL
columns or just some columns? What columns? How many rows do you want
included in this "every five rows" thing? For instance, do you want 1000
rows to have borders every 5 rows? HTH Otto
"mhenley5" wrote in message
I am making a price list in excel. I need to do horizontal parallel borders
every 5 lines and I was wondering if there was a way to automatically do
this
as opposed to manually clicking in the borders. any help wold be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am making a price list in excel. I need to do horizontal parallel
borders every 5 lines and I was wondering if there was a way to
automatically do this as opposed to manually clicking in the borders.

One way is to use conditional formatting.

First select the whole sheet and use:
Format Conditional formatting

In the resulting dialog box, use the pull-down to choose
Formula Is
and in the empty rectangle put
=MOD(ROW(),5)=0

Then click the "Format" button and in the "Border" tab select the bottom
border.

Finally, click "OK"