Herman

Default MS OfficeXP Professional

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a MS
Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same message
window when ending the file, but then with the wording "Compile error in
Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid of it. Whilst these
messages do not otherwise interfere with the operatiuon, they are a
nuisance, particularly when transferring the file to a third party. Can
anyone help me getting rid of this inconvenience? Herman

keepITcool

i dont think you googled before asking.

it's a well known bug in older verions of PDFwriter.

deactivatee the PDFWriter addin.
or download a fixed version from adobe.

--
keepITcool

Herman wrote :

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a
MS Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same
message window when ending the file, but then with the wording
"Compile error in Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid
of it. Whilst these messages do not otherwise interfere with the
operatiuon, they are a nuisance, particularly when transferring the
file to a third party. Can anyone help me getting rid of this
inconvenience? Herman

Gord Dibben

Herman

OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It refers to PDFMaker.xla as being the problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:06:20 +0200, "Herman"
wrote:

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a MS
Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same message
window when ending the file, but then with the wording "Compile error in
Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid of it. Whilst these
messages do not otherwise interfere with the operatiuon, they are a
nuisance, particularly when transferring the file to a third party. Can
anyone help me getting rid of this inconvenience? Herman

Herman

Moved the PDFmaker.dot and .xla files. This only solved the problem in Word.
I have now for the time being removed all Adobe programs (also cleared
register), but the proplem originally described still persists in Exel. I
also uninstalled excel and reinstalled to no avail. Maybe any other
thoughts?

wrote:

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a MS
Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same message
window when ending the file, but then with the wording "Compile error in
Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid of it. Whilst these
messages do not otherwise interfere with the operatiuon, they are a
nuisance, particularly when transferring the file to a third party. Can
anyone help me getting rid of this inconvenience? Herman

Gord Dibben

Herman

Keep looking. You have a file sitting around somewhere, is my guess.

Check out your XLSTART folder(s) for stray Adobe PDF files.

BTW, what version of Excel/Office are you running?

Gord

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:00:50 +0200, "Herman"
wrote:

Moved the PDFmaker.dot and .xla files. This only solved the problem in Word.
I have now for the time being removed all Adobe programs (also cleared
register), but the proplem originally described still persists in Exel. I
also uninstalled excel and reinstalled to no avail. Maybe any other
thoughts?

.. .

wrote:

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a MS
Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same message
window when ending the file, but then with the wording "Compile error in
Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid of it. Whilst these
messages do not otherwise interfere with the operatiuon, they are a
nuisance, particularly when transferring the file to a third party. Can
anyone help me getting rid of this inconvenience? Herman

Gord Dibben

One more something to try.

Could be you have a leftover menu addition from PDFMaker.xla

With Excel closed........

Locate your *.XLB file and rename to *.OLD

The *.XLB file stores any menu and toolbar customizations.

Re-start Excel which will build a new *.XLB file

Gord

wrote:

Moved the PDFmaker.dot and .xla files. This only solved the problem in Word.
I have now for the time being removed all Adobe programs (also cleared
register), but the proplem originally described still persists in Exel. I
also uninstalled excel and reinstalled to no avail. Maybe any other
thoughts?

. ..

wrote:

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a MS
Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same message
window when ending the file, but then with the wording "Compile error in
Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid of it. Whilst these
messages do not otherwise interfere with the operatiuon, they are a
nuisance, particularly when transferring the file to a third party. Can
anyone help me getting rid of this inconvenience? Herman

Herman

Thanks Gord, you have been a great help. Found one stray file in "documents
and settings\.....". Transferred that one to "My documents" and that solved
the problem. Last question, can I now toally remove that file? I would
presume so. I do not look for furthar complications. Just need Adobe Reader
to read downloaded documents.I don't really need Acrobate. Any chance of
problems recurring? Incidentally, I run Office XP Prof. ((2002).

Herman

wrote:

Whenever I load a file into Exel I receive a message in the form of a
MS
Visual Basic Window with the wording "Compile error in Hidden
Module:AutoExecNew" I get rid of it by clicking OK I get the same
message
window when ending the file, but then with the wording "Compile error
in
Hidden Module:DistMon". Again, clicking OK gets rid of it. Whilst these
messages do not otherwise interfere with the operatiuon, they are a
nuisance, particularly when transferring the file to a third party. Can
anyone help me getting rid of this inconvenience? Herman

Gord Dibben

Herman

Probably safe to remove the file, but why not change its name and leave it for
a few days.

If no adverse effects, delete it.

Gord

wrote:

Moved the PDFmaker.dot and .xla files. This only solved the problem in
Word.
I have now for the time being removed all Adobe programs (also cleared
register), but the proplem originally described still persists in Exel. I
also uninstalled excel and reinstalled to no avail. Maybe any other
thoughts?

m...