Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using MS Query with Excel and Access 2007

Hi, I have both Excel and Access 2007 on my machine. I am trying to use the
Microsoft query tool to bring access 2007 data into my spreadsheet.

From the data tab I click "From Other Sources" then "Microsoft Query".
From the Choose Data Source Dialog I select "Microsoft Access Database" and
navigate to the directory that contains my Access 2007 database.

My problem is that I cannot see the database with the new 07 extension
(accdb). I can only see the old mdb files. Other than converting all of my
accdb files to mdb version. Surely there must be something that I am
mising... help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is just a guess - but be sure you have the correct references. Go to
Visual Basic Window (Alt - F11) then go to tools - references and add
Microsoft Office 12.0 Office Library.

"mipoit" wrote:

Hi, I have both Excel and Access 2007 on my machine. I am trying to use the
Microsoft query tool to bring access 2007 data into my spreadsheet.

From the data tab I click "From Other Sources" then "Microsoft Query".
From the Choose Data Source Dialog I select "Microsoft Access Database" and