Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table - Problem with %

I have a question about pivot tables and percentages to which I did not
manage to find an answer till now. Hope someone can help me.

I need a pivot table with following information :
all customers that ordered in 2007 and 2008
amount of their turnover
Sofar no problem for the pivot table.

But now : I would like to get the difference between the turnover in 2007
and 2008 for each customer in %.
The row lines are Customer, the data 'calendar year' with the 2 years I need
selected.

Hope my question is clear... If not, please ask.

Can somebody help me ?

Many thanks in advance
The result should be that I get a pivot with a list of all custom
Row field = customer name

--
Ann, Flanders, Belgium
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ann,

Right click "Sum of Turnover", select Field Settings..., then click Options, and choose Show data
as "% difference from" and choose the date as the base field, and 2007 as the base item.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Ann in Belgium" wrote in message
I have a question about pivot tables and percentages to which I did not
manage to find an answer till now. Hope someone can help me.

I need a pivot table with following information :
all customers that ordered in 2007 and 2008
amount of their turnover
Sofar no problem for the pivot table.

But now : I would like to get the difference between the turnover in 2007
and 2008 for each customer in %.
The row lines are Customer, the data 'calendar year' with the 2 years I need
selected.

Hope my question is clear... If not, please ask.

Can somebody help me ?

Many thanks in advance
The result should be that I get a pivot with a list of all custom
Row field = customer name

--
Ann, Flanders, Belgium

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
Implemented with Bernie's instructions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mz5zfzt5dqm/05_04_09.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Bernie & Herbert,
Thanks for your replies, they have both helped me further.
I downloaded Herbert's file and this is indeed exactly what I need and I do
understand now how to "show values as" a percentage, but what I still don't
understand is how Herbert managed to display the extra columns : I also have
the columns turnover 2007 and turnover 2008 but then Herbert has 2 additional
columns : an empy one 2007% and the 2008% with the difference.
Could you please explain to me how you produce these two extra columns ?
Many many thanks !

Kind regards from Belgium, Ann
--
Ann, Flanders, Belgium

"Ann in Belgium" wrote:

I have a question about pivot tables and percentages to which I did not
manage to find an answer till now. Hope someone can help me.

I need a pivot table with following information :
all customers that ordered in 2007 and 2008
amount of their turnover
Sofar no problem for the pivot table.

But now : I would like to get the difference between the turnover in 2007
and 2008 for each customer in %.
The row lines are Customer, the data 'calendar year' with the 2 years I need
selected.

Hope my question is clear... If not, please ask.

Can somebody help me ?

Many thanks in advance
The result should be that I get a pivot with a list of all custom
Row field = customer name

--
Ann, Flanders, Belgium

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ann,

Just drag the corresponding button onto the data field a second time for two
sets, a third time for three sets, etc.

Bernie

"Ann in Belgium" wrote:

I have a question about pivot tables and percentages to which I did not
manage to find an answer till now. Hope someone can help me.

I need a pivot table with following information :
all customers that ordered in 2007 and 2008
amount of their turnover
Sofar no problem for the pivot table.

But now : I would like to get the difference between the turnover in 2007
and 2008 for each customer in %.
The row lines are Customer, the data 'calendar year' with the 2 years I
need
selected.

Hope my question is clear... If not, please ask.

Can somebody help me ?

Many thanks in advance
The result should be that I get a pivot with a list of all custom
Row field = customer name

--
Ann, Flanders, Belgium

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

WAW, it WORKS !!
Thanks a million, I am SOOOOOOO happy :-)
--
Ann, Flanders, Belgium