Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating When Somebody Reaches a Certain Age

Hi

I have noticed that there are a few posts showing how to calculate
somebody's current age by inputting their date of birth. However, what I am
after is something slightly different.

How can I get excel to calculate when somebody would reach a certain age by
their date of birth. For example; I enter a date of birth of 04 May 2009,
but I would like Excel to tell me on what date they would reach 16. Yeah, I
know I could work the date out in my head quite easily, but it would be very
handy to have a formula that would automatically do it for me.

Thank you :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With the date in A1
=DATE(YEAR(A1)+16, MONTH(A1), DAY(A1))

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Popey" wrote in message
Hi

I have noticed that there are a few posts showing how to calculate
somebody's current age by inputting their date of birth. However, what I
am
after is something slightly different.

How can I get excel to calculate when somebody would reach a certain age
by
their date of birth. For example; I enter a date of birth of 04 May 2009,
but I would like Excel to tell me on what date they would reach 16. Yeah,
know I could work the date out in my head quite easily, but it would be
very
handy to have a formula that would automatically do it for me.

Thank you :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With birth date in A1 enter the below formula and format the formula cell to
Date..

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+16, MONTH(A1), DAY(A1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Popey" wrote:

Hi

I have noticed that there are a few posts showing how to calculate
somebody's current age by inputting their date of birth. However, what I am
after is something slightly different.

How can I get excel to calculate when somebody would reach a certain age by
their date of birth. For example; I enter a date of birth of 04 May 2009,
but I would like Excel to tell me on what date they would reach 16. Yeah, I
know I could work the date out in my head quite easily, but it would be very
handy to have a formula that would automatically do it for me.

Thank you :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike H & Bernard.

Thank you both for your replies - the formula works perfectly and is just
what I needed.

Thanks again.