Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula for if a cell reaches a certain value

Hi

I have a row of cells that autocalculate from the cells above - when one of
these cells reaches =13 I want the next two cells going across to
automatically enter specific text but if not =13 I want the cells to
continue with the autocalculation. Can this be done?
--
Thanks

Lise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you be more specific?

If which cell is =13?

Which cells do you want the specific text to appear in? What is the specific
text?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lise" wrote in message
Hi

I have a row of cells that autocalculate from the cells above - when one
of
these cells reaches =13 I want the next two cells going across to
automatically enter specific text but if not =13 I want the cells to
continue with the autocalculation. Can this be done?
--
Thanks

Lise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure

Say I have 10 cells across that autocalculate if any of those cells
calculate to =13 i want the next two cells to say Compulsory Rest Day then
have the cells left continue auto calculating - might be too hard not sure

Thanks Biff
--
Thanks

Lise

"Lise" wrote in message
Hi

I have a row of cells that autocalculate from the cells above - when one
of
these cells reaches =13 I want the next two cells going across to
automatically enter specific text but if not =13 I want the cells to
continue with the autocalculation. Can this be done?
--
Thanks

Lise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, not following you. Maybe someone else will be able to see what I'm
not seeing.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lise" wrote in message
Hi

I have a row of cells that autocalculate from the cells above - when
one
of
these cells reaches =13 I want the next two cells going across to
automatically enter specific text but if not =13 I want the cells to
continue with the autocalculation. Can this be done?
--
Thanks

Lise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry - trying to be clear - lets see

these cells have formula to sum the cells above them to give a total - see
second line

cell 1 - cell 2 - cell 3 - cell 4 - cell 5

11 12 13 so on and so on

When a cell reaches 13 or higher i want the next two cells to show autotext
but then start autocalculating again so .....

cell 1 - cell 2 - cell 3 - cell 4 - cell 5 - cell 6 - cell 7

11 12 13 REST REST 1 2

Hope this helps - can't think of another way of describing - thanks for your
patience

--
Thanks

Lise

"Lise" wrote in message
Hi

I have a row of cells that autocalculate from the cells above - when
one
of
these cells reaches =13 I want the next two cells going across to
automatically enter specific text but if not =13 I want the cells to
continue with the autocalculation. Can this be done?
--
Thanks

Lise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rhetorical question:

Why are posters so reluctant to tell us where their data is located?

Ok, it looks like you want a sequential count.

My best guess is something like this:

=IF(OR(MOD(COUNTA($A1:A1),15)={14,0}),"Rest",MOD(C OUNTA($A1:A1),15))

Copied across

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP