Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default DISPLAYING RESULTS OF A FORMULA

If for example I put a formaul such as =5/3 into a cell, I know I can format
the cell to display just 1.67. But if I copy and paste the value into a cell
that is formatted to display only 2 decimals, the cell will display 1.67, but
the formula bar displays 1.666666666667. Is there a way, to have the formula
bar display only 1.67 also?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say in A1 we have
=5/3
in B1 enter:
=ROUND(A1,2)
then copy B1 and paste/special/value into C1 to get your desired result.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200850