Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default embedded documents - label text reverts to a default

I am trying to embed Word2003 documents in cells of an excel2003 file. I do
this by the following steps: InsertObjectCreate From File then browse to
the word file I want to embed. Then check Display As Icon; I then change the
icon Caption to a short label for my identification. Everything is fine up
to that point. However, if in the course of working with the excel file, I
save the excel file while a word document is opened, the caption I typed is
changed to a default (simply "Document"), and my caption is lost. The Word
file is still intact, but the icon caption is lost. BTW, if I save the excel
file with all the word documents closed, there is no problem.

How can I either prevent excel 2003 from obliterating the caption I typed OR
how and where can I edit the caption without having to delete and reinsert
(embed) the document?? Does Excel 2007 have this same glitch??

Thanks. njmeatball 20090430 []