Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Data Sort?

Is there a way to automatically sort data without doing it manually? For
instance, I want to select the lowest 10 values of 20, etc. from a range of
data that is driven by references?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Easy if there are no duplicates in the data. Say we have unsorted data in A1
thru A100, In B1 enter:

=SMALL(A1:A100,ROW()) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200850

"Scott" wrote:

Is there a way to automatically sort data without doing it manually? For
instance, I want to select the lowest 10 values of 20, etc. from a range of
data that is driven by references?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you wanting to select the cell, highlight it, populate other cells
with it, etc? Can you explain more about what you want to happen?

The median() command will help if you are looking for the number that
divides a range of values evenly.

=IF(A1<MEDIAN(A1:A20),1,0)

TK

On Apr 30, 10:54*am, Scott wrote:
Is there a way to automatically sort data without doing it manually? *For
instance, I want to select the lowest 10 values of 20, etc. from a range of
data that is driven by references? *

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you mean "filter" don't you?

What would trigger the automatic part?

What are the references that do the driving?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP