Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Default compare dates

I have invoice numbers in column A (1234567ABC)
Date of invoice is in column B in this format 31-Mar-09
Date of product received is in column C in this format 04/15/09

I need to highlight in yellow each cell in column B (date of invoice) if it
is greater than a cell in column C (date of product received).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dates are just numbers to Excel, so conditional formatting will work, as in:
=B1C1
and copy down your column.

Regards,
Fred

"Vic" wrote in message
I have invoice numbers in column A (1234567ABC)
Date of invoice is in column B in this format 31-Mar-09
Date of product received is in column C in this format 04/15/09

I need to highlight in yellow each cell in column B (date of invoice) if
it
is greater than a cell in column C (date of product received).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Hi Fred,

This did not solve anything.

My taks is to highlight B cells if they are greater than C cells. Please
keep in mind that some C cells may be blank (product was not received yet) -
I don't want to highlight corresponding B cell in this case.

Thank you.

"Vic" wrote in message
I have invoice numbers in column A (1234567ABC)
Date of invoice is in column B in this format 31-Mar-09
Date of product received is in column C in this format 04/15/09

I need to highlight in yellow each cell in column B (date of invoice) if
it
is greater than a cell in column C (date of product received).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your problem likely is that column B is not a date, it's text. So you need
to force Excel to evaluate it. At the same time, add the check for column C
being blank. The following will do what you requested:

=AND(C1<"",--B1--C1)

Regards,
Fred.

"Vic" wrote in message
I have invoice numbers in column A (1234567ABC)
Date of invoice is in column B in this format 31-Mar-09
Date of product received is in column C in this format 04/15/09