Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SlipperyPete

Default how do I compare two dates?

OK -- I have two lists of dates, and I want to compare them & generate a
result of '1' if they are different, a result of '0' if they are the
same.

For example:

column A: column B:
01/01/2005 01/01/2005
02/02/2005 07/07/2001
03/03/2005 08/31/1976

I'd like a formula that will compare these dates and generate the
following:

column C:
0
1
1

Thanks!

--
SlipperyPete
SlipperyPete's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31220

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=--(A1=B1)

copy down

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"SlipperyPete"
wrote in message
news:SlipperyPete.26iriy_1145463306.0187@excelforu m-nospam.com...

OK -- I have two lists of dates, and I want to compare them & generate a
result of '1' if they are different, a result of '0' if they are the
same.

For example:

column A: column B:
01/01/2005 01/01/2005
02/02/2005 07/07/2001
03/03/2005 08/31/1976

I'd like a formula that will compare these dates and generate the
following:

column C:
0
1
1

Thanks!

--
SlipperyPete
SlipperyPete's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534218

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Try...

C1, copied down:

=IF(A1<B1,1,0)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
SlipperyPete
wrote:

OK -- I have two lists of dates, and I want to compare them & generate a
result of '1' if they are different, a result of '0' if they are the
same.

For example:

column A: column B:
01/01/2005 01/01/2005
02/02/2005 07/07/2001
03/03/2005 08/31/1976

I'd like a formula that will compare these dates and generate the
following:

column C:
0
1