Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Working with multiple worksheets at the same time.

How do I change the date in one worksheet, and at the sametime it changes the
date in another worksheet? I have grouped the worksheet that I want to edit
data on but, for example when I enter the date in cell D362 in one worksheet,
it will enter the same date in cell D362 of the other worksheet. I don't
want that. I would like the date to be changed in cell D31. How do I do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Greg,

If your first worksheet = Sheet1 then type the following into Cell D31 on
your second worksheet.
='Sheet1'!D362
--
Regards
Warren

If this helps please click the Yes button.

"Greg M" wrote:

How do I change the date in one worksheet, and at the sametime it changes the
date in another worksheet? I have grouped the worksheet that I want to edit
data on but, for example when I enter the date in cell D362 in one worksheet,
it will enter the same date in cell D362 of the other worksheet. I don't
want that. I would like the date to be changed in cell D31. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks that worked, but I just realized something.
I will be adding more data in sheet 1, so the cell won't always be D362.
It may be D374 as I keep adding data to this sheet, but the Cell D31 in the
other worksheet should always be the same. Is there a way to handle this?

"Greg M" wrote:

How do I change the date in one worksheet, and at the sametime it changes the
date in another worksheet? I have grouped the worksheet that I want to edit
data on but, for example when I enter the date in cell D362 in one worksheet,
it will enter the same date in cell D362 of the other worksheet. I don't
want that. I would like the date to be changed in cell D31. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Basically sheet 1 is a running spread sheet that will be updated frequently.
Sheet 1 has all the information regarding all of our machines, and then I
made several other worksheets which breaks down to each individual machine.
Is there away that when I add a block of information into sheet 1, that is
will automatically update the information to each individual corresponding
machine worksheet. I don' t know if I explained it to well. If I can think
of a better way to explain it I will.

"Greg M" wrote:

How do I change the date in one worksheet, and at the sametime it changes the
date in another worksheet? I have grouped the worksheet that I want to edit
data on but, for example when I enter the date in cell D362 in one worksheet,
it will enter the same date in cell D362 of the other worksheet. I don't
want that. I would like the date to be changed in cell D31. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Greg,

Sorry I don't know how to get the solution you require, is there any way you
can put the Date in a cell in Sheet2 that would remain constant?
--

"Greg M" wrote:

How do I change the date in one worksheet, and at the sametime it changes the
date in another worksheet? I have grouped the worksheet that I want to edit
data on but, for example when I enter the date in cell D362 in one worksheet,
it will enter the same date in cell D362 of the other worksheet. I don't
want that. I would like the date to be changed in cell D31. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I will be adding more data in sheet 1, so the cell won't always be
D362.
It may be D374 as I keep adding data to this sheet, but the Cell D31
in the other worksheet should always be the same. Is there a way to
handle this?

It sounds like you want the last non-empty value in a column.

The last non-empty value in a column can be computed like this:
=LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!D1:D10000<""),Sheet1!D1:D10000)