Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to delete a 'Select Box'

How do I delete a €˜select box?
I copied a group of data from my stockbrokers web page and pasted it onto
my Excel 2007 worksheet (Vista operating system). The copy/paste operation
went well, but when I finished I tried to delete the pasted data. The data
deleted, but one small €˜select box remains and I cannot get rid of it. The
box toggles between a blank and a check mark.
The €˜select box is used on the original webpage to select individual stock
positions. Please tell me how to delete this €˜select box.

--
Bodin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Show the Developer's tab on the ribbon.

There's an Insert icon in the Control group.

Look at the icon in the bottom right corner. It's the "design mode" toggle.

Click this and you'll be able to select those objects and delete them.

If you have lots and want want to get rid of all the objects:
Hit F5
Special|Objects
ok
hit the delete key on the keyboard.

If you don't see the developer's tab on the ribbon,
Click on the office button
Excel options|Popular category|it's near the top.

Bodin wrote:

How do I delete a €˜select box?
I copied a group of data from my stockbrokers web page and pasted it onto
my Excel 2007 worksheet (Vista operating system). The copy/paste operation
went well, but when I finished I tried to delete the pasted data. The data
deleted, but one small €˜select box remains and I cannot get rid of it. The
box toggles between a blank and a check mark.
The €˜select box is used on the original webpage to select individual stock
positions. Please tell me how to delete this €˜select box.

--
Bodin

--

Dave Peterson