Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dates formula

I need some assistance in creating a formula for dates. What I am trying to
do is create a project time line based on workdays Mon - Fri plus exclude
holidays

I have a start date and a completion date however I need to have specific
tasks completed throughout the project. ie

Start date June 1, 2009

Design June 1st plus 5 days
(this is where I need the formula, again taking into consideration this needs
to be Mon-Fri, & not a holiday)

Print June 5 plus 2 days
(this is where I need the formula, again taking into consideration this needs
to be Mon-Fri, & not a holiday)

End date June 30th, 2009

Any help is greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kristina
Take a look to CPearson web, first one give you some information 2nd one
wark with more specific formulas

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#WorkHours

"Kristina1976" wrote:

I need some assistance in creating a formula for dates. What I am trying to
do is create a project time line based on workdays Mon - Fri plus exclude
holidays

I have a start date and a completion date however I need to have specific
tasks completed throughout the project. ie

Start date June 1, 2009

Design June 1st plus 5 days
(this is where I need the formula, again taking into consideration this needs
to be Mon-Fri, & not a holiday)

Print June 5 plus 2 days
(this is where I need the formula, again taking into consideration this needs
to be Mon-Fri, & not a holiday)

End date June 30th, 2009

Any help is greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You need the workday formula. With your start date June 1 2009 in a1 try this

=WORKDAY(A1,5,Holidays)

Holidays is a named range that contain holiday dates. You can then reference
the cell with this formula in in the same way to get your next milestone.

Mike

"Kristina1976" wrote:

I need some assistance in creating a formula for dates. What I am trying to
do is create a project time line based on workdays Mon - Fri plus exclude
holidays

I have a start date and a completion date however I need to have specific
tasks completed throughout the project. ie

Start date June 1, 2009

Design June 1st plus 5 days
(this is where I need the formula, again taking into consideration this needs
to be Mon-Fri, & not a holiday)

Print June 5 plus 2 days
(this is where I need the formula, again taking into consideration this needs
to be Mon-Fri, & not a holiday)

End date June 30th, 2009

Any help is greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,

Thanks for all of your help. It worked perfectly.
Cheers
Kristina

Mike H wrote:
Hi,

You need the workday formula. With your start date June 1 2009 in a1 try this

=WORKDAY(A1,5,Holidays)

Holidays is a named range that contain holiday dates. You can then reference
the cell with this formula in in the same way to get your next milestone.

Mike

I need some assistance in creating a formula for dates. What I am trying to
do is create a project time line based on workdays Mon - Fri plus exclude

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Any help is greatly appreciated