Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default disregarding zeroes

Data recorded in col A is called for in Col G. So that blank cells in A do
not deliver zeros in col G, I used =if(A1="","",A1). Thanks Dave Peterson.
I total col G using =countif(G1:G100,"**") but it includes the zeros
returning a false count. How can I not include the zeroes?
Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could do this:

=COUNTIF(G1:G100,"0")

if your numbers are all positive, or this:

=COUNTIF(G1:G100,"<0")

if you might have positive and negative numbers.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 27, 11:40*am, Sapper wrote:
Data recorded in col A is called for in Col G. So that blank cells in A do
not deliver zeros in col G, I used =if(A1="","",A1). Thanks Dave Peterson.
I total col G using =countif(G1:G100,"**") but it includes the zeros
returning a false count. How can I not include the zeroes?
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you trying to count numbers?
=count(g1:g100)

Are you trying to count text?
=count(g1:g100,"?*")

If you want both numbers and text, then just add those two together.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You did it for me again Dave

What sort of book has this depth of info - I must try to increase my
Knowledge without bothering people every ime I set up a function

Incidentally display name is sapper, real name is Dave

regards