Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a macro from an email attachment

I am trying to create a macro that will run after I open the attachment from
an email received in outlook. I don't know where to save the macro to as my
personal.xls is quite full of macros already. I tried to run it in "this
workbook" but can't seem to find it. Can you help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what is this macro supposed to do?
what are you trying to accomplish?
pls provide more details as your explanations are vague

On 23 Kwi, 14:53, lschuh wrote:
I am trying to create a macro that will run after I open the attachment from
an email received in outlook. *I don't know where to save the macro to as my
personal.xls is quite full of macros already. *I tried to run it in "this
workbook" but can't seem to find it. *Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I need to open the spreadsheet, save as a file on my hard drive, set a print
range, reduce the font, print and exit the file. This is not obviously
rocket science and it has worked sometimes but I want it to work after I open
the attachment which I get a least once or twice a day and doing the same
thing is redundant. Thanks

On 23 Kwi, 14:53, lschuh wrote:
I am trying to create a macro that will run after I open the attachment from
an email received in outlook. I don't know where to save the macro to as my
personal.xls is quite full of macros already. I tried to run it in "this
workbook" but can't seem to find it. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try to record a macro with all those actions
save a file with that macro somewhere on your hard drive
then:
(in Excel 2003) Insert-Toolbars, adjust/add the macro to some toolbar
(in Excel 2007) right-click on the ribbon-Customize/Adjust Quick
Access toolbar-add the macro
use the macro with yr attachment open

you might also look at:

www.outlookcode.com

to find some appropriate example

HIH

On 23 Kwi, 16:54, lschuh wrote:
I need to open the spreadsheet, save as a file on my hard drive, set a print
range, reduce the font, print and exit the file. Â*This is not obviously
rocket science and it has worked sometimes but I want it to work after I open
the attachment which I get a least once or twice a day and doing the same
thing is redundant. Â*Thanks

On 23 Kwi, 14:53, lschuh wrote:
I am trying to create a macro that will run after I open the attachment from
an email received in outlook. Â*I don't know where to save the macro to as my
personal.xls is quite full of macros already. Â*I tried to run it in "this
workbook" but can't seem to find it. Â*Can you help?- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Pokaż cytowany tekst -