Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Date Alert

I need to create a two stage date dependent alert. The first stage alert
would tell me that a due date was occuring in 5 days. The second stage alert
would tell me that the due date is the current date.

I currently have the sccond alert functioning as follows:
1. one cell displays the current date
2. a colum dispalys the due date
3. a column adjacent to the due date displays ALERT using the formula
=IF(B2=$A$2,"DUE","")

I ned to display an alert if =or < five days prior to the due date.

Thanks
Trainer742
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Note that you don't need to reference an outside cell to get current date.
Following formula diplays "DUE" if due date is today, or past, and alert if
within 5 days

=IF(TODAY()=B2,"DUE",IF(TODAY()+5=B2,"ALERT","") )

--
Best Regards,

Luke M