Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ann ann is offline

Default Forgot to close XL compare side by side

I forgot to close 'compare side by side' when coming out of two spreadsheets,
and now when I re-open them both, they will only open to a half screen. The
XL 'background' is ok, just the worksheet that is half size. Also, the
compare option is now greyed out so I can't close it retrospectively.
--
Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hit the maximize or restore button on the workbook.

Save and you're OK on that workbook

Compare side by side will be grayed out unless you have two windows open.

You can compare side by side two sheets(or more) in the same workbook or
sheets from two workbooks(or more)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:48:01 -0700, Ann
wrote:

I forgot to close 'compare side by side' when coming out of two spreadsheets,
and now when I re-open them both, they will only open to a half screen. The
XL 'background' is ok, just the worksheet that is half size. Also, the
compare option is now greyed out so I can't close it retrospectively.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ann ann is offline

Hi

There's no maximise or restore button available to me!

The XL 'background' is still full size, just the actual workbook is
minimised, with an inability to move it, or to get to the window close icon
(not the XL one). It won't
maximise, via any method that I've tried!

Is there a way of resizing, without having to copy and paste all the
worksheets (there are more than 20) to a new document?

--
Ann