Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel doing some weired stuff

Hi, I didn't know how to ask the question so, I will have to give you the
story about it.

I have a worksheet that has two tabs. First tab names 2008 and second one
named 2009

When I enter a title in A1 on 2009 tab it is automaticaly showed on 2008 tab
cell A1. My title is like "year end totals"

Why this is happening? I don't know but I double checked to see if there a
macros or reference functions. There is no command that tells it to do that .

Please help me , this is driving me crazy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jamal

Do you see [group] in the title bar after the file name?

I think both sheets are selected, all the changes you make are for both tabs.
Right click on a sheet tab and choose ungroup sheets

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jamal" wrote in message ...
Hi, I didn't know how to ask the question so, I will have to give you the
story about it.

I have a worksheet that has two tabs. First tab names 2008 and second one
named 2009

When I enter a title in A1 on 2009 tab it is automaticaly showed on 2008 tab
cell A1. My title is like "year end totals"

Why this is happening? I don't know but I double checked to see if there a
macros or reference functions. There is no command that tells it to do that .

Please help me , this is driving me crazy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are both sheet selected/Grouped?

Look for [Group] in the title bar.

If yes, then rightclick on one of the worksheet tabs and choose Ungroup Sheets.

If no, look at the "receiving" cell and see if you have a formula like:
=if('2009'!a1="","",'2009'!a1)

And if you don't want that, just delete the formula.

===
And you're positive you checked for worksheet/workbook event macros, too???

Jamal wrote:

Hi, I didn't know how to ask the question so, I will have to give you the
story about it.

I have a worksheet that has two tabs. First tab names 2008 and second one
named 2009

When I enter a title in A1 on 2009 tab it is automaticaly showed on 2008 tab
cell A1. My title is like "year end totals"

Why this is happening? I don't know but I double checked to see if there a
macros or reference functions. There is no command that tells it to do that .

Please help me , this is driving me crazy.

--

Dave Peterson