Brett

Default Fit Selection Setting Doesn't Hold

I have created an invoice that I want to email to a company. I have the
invoice worksheet formatted so that the entire invoice is visable and fills
the entire width of my screen at 100% Zoom Magnification. It occured to me
that if the company has a screen resolution different from mine, the entire
invoice will not fill the screen. I discovered this when I changed my own
screen resolution.
I thought the solution to this problem would be to simply highlight the area
I wanted to fill the screen and then set the View Zoom Magnification to Fit
Selection. After I did that, I then changed my screen resolution to a lower
setting. Unfortunately, the Fit Selection Setting didn't hold. It reverted
back to 100% Zoom Magnification and my invoice was now partially off screen.
I'm thinking the solution may need to be a macro that runs when the document
is openned that will select the area of the invoice and then change the Zoom
Magnification to Fit Selection, but does anyone knows of simpler way?
Dave Peterson

I'd use that macro approach, too.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

With Worksheets("sheet1")
Application.Goto .Range("a1:m1"), scroll:=True
End With
ActiveWindow.Zoom = True

End Sub

In fact, I make a very skinny column just to the right of my range. I find that
it makes things fit a bit nicer if I include that skinny (unused) column, too.

--

Dave Peterson