WLMPilot

Default File Not Found: VBA6.DLL

Everytime I open and close EXCEL, I get a message that says "File Not Found:
VBA6.DLL. I am unable to locate this file when I search the hard drive,
however, there is a VBA6 folder in the following path:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA

Can someone direct me on how to solve this problem?

Jim Rech

I don't know why you need that file as it's not part of Office but rather
stand alone VB6, as far as I can tell.. You'd have to install that product
to get it.

If you open Excel in Safe Mode (enter "Excel.exe /s" from Start-Run (no
quotes, there is a space before the slash) and do not get this error then
you know it's something you're opening with Excel that is looking for the
DLL. It might be your Personal.xls or an add-in. You'd have to determine
why that workbook needed it and either get it or remove any reference that
workbook has to it.

--
Jim