Luc Agostini

Default Date format for mailmerge

Hi all,

I don't know if I should be posting this here or in the Word newsgroup,
so if I'm in the wrong place please point me in the right direction.

I use Office XP.

I have an excel document with 350 rows of information. I need to merge
this information into word. One of the cells has the date. I have
entered the date as "dd/mm/yy" and the cell is formatted to show it as
"dd mmm yyyy". When i merge this information into word it appears as
"mm/dd/yyyy", whereas I would like it to appear as "dd mmm yyyy" - which
is how it is displayed in excel.

thanks in advance for any help,

Luc
Luc Agostini

I did a search on the MS communities and found a solution to this
problem. In case anyone is interested, the response given previously
can be found at this link