Krefty

Default Macro Text into Excell

I have a .txt file that I can bring into a Excell workbook
but the letter and such are chopped up...Does anyone know
how I can import the Text and read it exactly as in the
Text File?

Thanks in advance.
Jim Rech

When you open a text file in Excel the Text Import wizard should start up.
You can prevent any parsing by selecting Delimited as the file type and then
uncheck all delimiters on the second page of the wizard.

If you want to do this by macro you might start by recording a macro as you
manually do an import.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Krefty" wrote in message
|I have a .txt file that I can bring into a Excell workbook
| but the letter and such are chopped up...Does anyone know
| how I can import the Text and read it exactly as in the
| Text File?
|
| Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

If you want to import the text file just into column A, just hold down the
shiftkey when you click on the Open button (in the file|open dialog).

This works if the file isn't tab delimited.