Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KD KD is offline

Default Append Data From Two Files

I've searched the existing questions and haven't found quite what I'm looking
for, so I appologize if this has been discussed.
I have two files, file 1 is a data drop of monthly stats, file 2 is an
additional file of data related to file A. File 1, column A may (will) have
the same number repeated multiple times. That same number exists only once in
file 2. File 2 has that number and a corresponding text to go with it. I need
to append the files so that each time the number shows up in file 1, the
corresponding text from file 2 is added to that row. I can do it with an
append query easily in Access, but the file gets large and Access removes
some of the entries and then I'm importing/exporting, it's just too messy.
I'd like to be able to drop in the new round of data, update it with the data
from file 2, refresh my pivots, and be done. Is it possible to automatically
update each row in file 1 by populating a cell/column based on file 2?