Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Adding a dash

Hello,

I have a column of numbers that I pulled from a database. The numbers look
like this:

159611
2395301
12451111
69996709

I need to add a dash in order to seperate teh last two digits. What is hte
best way to perform this task?

The numbers should look like this:
1596-11
23953-01
124511-11
699967-09

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

Select those cells and then

Format|Cells - Custom

enter a custom format of

0-00

Mike

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

I have a column of numbers that I pulled from a database. The numbers look
like this:

159611
2395301
12451111
69996709

I need to add a dash in order to seperate teh last two digits. What is hte
best way to perform this task?

The numbers should look like this:
1596-11
23953-01
124511-11
699967-09

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

This is perfect - I have another question if you have a moment.

When I pulled this data the dates came over looking like this:
1090325

This represents March 25, 2009. All of the dates have the 1 in front of
them. How do I eliminate the "1" and show a proper date?

Thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

Jim,

Select those cells and then

Format|Cells - Custom

enter a custom format of

0-00

Mike

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

I have a column of numbers that I pulled from a database. The numbers look
like this:

159611
2395301
12451111
69996709

I need to add a dash in order to seperate teh last two digits. What is hte
best way to perform this task?

The numbers should look like this:
1596-11
23953-01
124511-11
699967-09

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Text to Column Option under Data Menu

Hardeep kanwar

"Jim" wrote:

This is perfect - I have another question if you have a moment.

When I pulled this data the dates came over looking like this:
1090325

This represents March 25, 2009. All of the dates have the 1 in front of
them. How do I eliminate the "1" and show a proper date?

Thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

Jim,

Select those cells and then