Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macros and links

I have an excel file that used to contain macros and links to external
data. I have removed the macros and the links but I still get the
messages on startup referring to the macros and the external data
links. Is there a way to remove these other than rebuilding the whole
file?

Thanks

DKC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 31, 8:49*am, Dave Peterson wrote:
Debra Dalgleish shares how to remove the remnants of macros:http://contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

And I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program:http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
to look for those pesky links.

wrote:

I have an excel file that used to contain macros and links to external
data. *I have removed the macros and the links but I still get the
messages on startup referring to the macros and the external data
links. *Is there a way to remove these other than rebuilding the whole
file?

Thanks

DKC

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks - I was able to get rid of the macros. I was probably
misleading when I asked about the links. These are actually queries
that work against an external database. Any ideas?

DKC