Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I make a IF formula result to underline a row?

Can I make a formula that basically says, for example, IF A2 does not equal
A1, then underline row A1. Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formulas in cells don't do this kind of thing.

But you can use format|conditional formatting (xl2003 menus) to do what you
want.

Select A1
Format|Conditional formatting
Formula is:
=A1<A2

And choose a nice underline (single or double) on the formatting dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not with a fomula. formulas return values to the cell in which they reside.
they can not perform actions such as underline data in another cell.
you might have better luck with conditional formating.
high light the row or as much of it as you wish. i recomend just the data
and not the entire row.
formula is.......=$A$1<$A$2......format font underline.

regards
FSt1