Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Email distribution of Access Record

I have a database that was made years ago that stores business proposals.
What I would like to be able to do is send a copy of a particular proposal
(database record) to someone else over email so they can view it. Obviously
I can't send them an access database, so copying the database record to an
excel sheet seems the logical way to go.

As it turns out, this is looking impossible. If you export a table to
excel, it outputs a database table that is not readable. I would like to
design an excel form so that it is neat and organized for someone else to
read.

I tried to use Dget functions to return table entries to an excel sheet that
is designed the way I would like my form to look. My problem is that when I
am done, all I have is an excel sheet with a bunch of formulas. What I want
is only the output of the formulas, and not the stupid formulas themselves
for people to read. Once my form is sent to someone else, obviously it will
not be connected to the database anymore, and so the forumlas will not be
displaying results at all! It appears impossible to copy the results of
these forumulas into a form so that I can email it to someone.

Is there a way to resolve this problem, or is it impossible to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You should post this to the Access newsgroup at:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire