Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record

hi
I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel
and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hello Hadi -

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a
'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy
Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be
used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access
file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very
well be the long way around.

Why not just create the calculation as a part of an Access Query, Form or
Report? Especially if you're not looking to do anything more complex than
simple addition & subtraction there's nor reason to go outside the db.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/4/06 5:04 PM, in article