Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default xldialogprintersetup

Hi All,

I have at the end of the week to print off several reports to different
printers Colour /Non Colour linked to a network. I can get the user to select
the printer required by using;
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show

The problem I have when running this report is that the user has to go back
to a previously used Printer, by using xldialogprintersetup. So that the user
doesn't have to select the same printer over and over again. eg:
Report 1 goes to colour printer
Reports 2-5 go to non colour
printer
Reports 6-8 to colour printer.

I realise you could say run reports 1 & 6-7 together, but this isn't
feasable as they are generated from reports 2 -5.
How can i find the printer settings from the;

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show
save these setting to a variable and reuse when needed. if this is possible

regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If these are local printers, things are pretty straightforward: you need to
know the name of the printer and you can use
Application.ActivePrinter = "printer name"
to switch printers.

If these are networked printers, you'll have a bit more work to do because
the printer's name(s) won't necessarily be the same when viewed from various
computers on the network.

This page has some code that will allow you to determine the names of the
printers attached to a printer and it should give you a starting point for a
solution. If you want, I do have a workbook that has this code already in it
and some other code added to it that changes the printer based on the
available printers - you can contact me at [remove spaces] Help From [at]
jlathamsite [dot] com.