Diane Hazen

Default Using Outlook address book in Excel

I am using an Excel Invoice template. Is it possible to use my Outlook
address book to enter names, addresses and shipping addresses?
I'm using Office 2003
Sunil Jayakumar

Hi Diane,

You do have a few options:

1) Export your outlook address book to a csv file, and pick it up in Excel.
you can then use a vlookup formula to return addresses etc.

2) Using Access, link a table to your address book in outlook. You will need
to refresh this periodically, but it's less cumbersone than exporting and
importing each time you update the address book, as you only need to open
the database, right click on the table, and hit refresh. You can then use
ODBC to extract this data back into Excel, and return data via a vlookup.

I hope this is clear - I will be monitoring this thread, so do get back to
me should you require any further assistance (or email me!)

Warm regards

Sunil Jayakumar

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html