L.Paul

Default Taking Attendance

I track attendance of committee members and I would like to be able to show
when a member is excused or just absent. At present I use x as an indicator
of presence and those who are absent I leave the slot blank. I use =COUNTA
AS A FORMULA, and I am unable to use an indicator A for absent or E as
excused. It is imparitive the members attend meetings and missing three
without being excused is grounds for removal. I try to use x=1, e=0 and a=0,
but all I get is the total of all the spots I fill in. Can anuone help.

Thank you

L. Paul

Phil
Yes that helped except I had to add the factor 0 to the E and A to make
function work.

Thank you

L.Paul