Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default # of Characters in a cell

I have a wookbook with a cell that I want to put 1300 or characters into.
According to the specification a cell should allow 32000 characters. However
the cell is cutting off the last 100 or characters. Any thoughts on why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The number of characters you can type in a cell and the number of characters you
can see don't have to be the same!

But you can see lots more than the 1000 (or so documented in Excel's help) by
adding alt-enters (to force a new line within the cell) every 80-100 characters.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Although you can have 32,000, only 1024 can be displayed on the screen. They
show up in the formula bar, but not in the cell.
You can force it to show a lot more by hitting Alt-Enter every 600
characters or so to start a new line, something I only recently found out
myself,
Regards,
Alan.