Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default List of companies and subsidiaries-- keeping them linked

Hi. I have a list of 1000+ companies. A percentage are stand alone companies
but others are subsidaries of another on the list, or the parent. I have
added a column for the parent company and am trying to link it to the
subsidiaries. One line of thought is to give each "family" a unique
identifier so they can be kept together by sorting on that. Is that the best
way? I want to keep in excel as much of the data I'll be adding will come
from excel and it's just what we use.

Anyhelp is appreciated!

Thanks!